Greta Foster, Exec.Secretary
(757)881-5061, Option 9, x.11109
Employment at NNPS: Job Postings
Substitute Child Nutrition Employee
Child Nutrition Service Department
The substitute employee, under close supervision, performs (in the absence of the regular employee) routine duties to include the preparation and serving of food and the cleaning of kitchen equipment and facility.
- Ability to read and write in English and follow written and oral instructions.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain a Food Handlers card.
- Ability to work with short notice.
- Desire to put forth best effort in all assigned duties.
- Ability to follow safety precautions to avoid injuries of minor cuts, falls, bruises, burns and scalds.
- Ability to complete written forms and records.
- Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must possess the physical agility to lift and carry up to 30 pounds; to bend, to stoop, to walk and to reach overhead.
Reports To: Child Nutrition Manager
- Follows procedures in food preparation use and care of equipment and personal habits to assure that sanitation standards are met as required by the Child Nutrition Service Office and Virginia Department of Health.
- Follows standards of safety in preparing, storing and serving food as required by the Child Nutrition Services Office and Virginia Department of Health.
- Maintains required forms and records as assigned by the manager.
- Attends job related training classes and workshops.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
Target Date of Employment: As Soon As Possible
Minimum Starting Salary: $7.50/ hour (Approximately 4 to 6 hours per day)
Interested persons who meet the minimum qualifications should apply at https://jobs.sbo.nn.k12.va.us. Open Year Round.
PLEASE NOTE: If you need assistance with the ONLINE application process, please contact Human Resources directly at (757) 881-5061.
The school division reserves the right to revise, delete, or add provisions to the Job Summary,
Essential Duties, Job Specifications, Knowledge Required, Working Conditions, and any other provision of the postings
for positions, should the school division decide to re-advertise positions.
The Newport News School Division does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, creed, marital status, age or disability in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504, and ADA regulations. Stephanie Hautz, HR Supervisor, Human Resources, Newport News Public Schools, at 12507 Warwick Blvd., Newport News, VA 23606, (757-881-5061), is responsible for coordinating the division's efforts to meet its obligations under Section 504, Title IX, the ADA, and their implementing regulations.