Greta Foster, Exec.Secretary
(757)881-5061, Option 9, x.11109
Employment at NNPS: Job Postings
Responsible for overseeing cleaning and staff support functions in all areas of a building.
Must have considerable experience working as a custodian. Must possess a thorough knowledge of building cleaning methods, materials and equipment. Previous supervisory experience preferred. Ability to read and write in English and follow written and oral instructions. Must possess previous related experience. Ability to follow safety precautions to avoid injuries of minor cuts, falls, bruises, burns and scalds.
Reports To: Supervisor II, Area Supervisor, Custodial Services / Principal
- Plans and oversees all custodial work, maintaining a high standard of safety, cleanliness and efficiency.
- Locks and unlocks doors; activates and deactivates alarm system.
- Sweeps, mops, dusts all classrooms, bathrooms, offices, hallways, and specialty rooms. Keeps building and premises neat and clean at all times.
- Wipes and sanitizes toilets, sinks, mirrors, countertops, windows and water fountains.
- Empties trash.
- Stocks paper products in restrooms.
- Waxes floors and operates buffing machine.
- Vacuums and cares for building carpeting.
- Washes windows and polishes furniture.
- Picks up litter and debris on outside school grounds.
- Makes minor repairs to equipment and furniture as needed.
- Replaces light bulbs as needed.
- Complies with laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash and waste.
- Monitors the timekeeping records of all custodial employees in the school.
- Helps in the selection, assignment, scheduling, and training of custodial staff.
- Maintains an inventory and recommends selection of suitable supplies, tools and equipment.
- Inspects work of other custodial staff.
- Evaluates the performance of the custodial staff on a regular basis.
- Strives constantly to promote the safety, health and comfort of the students and employees.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor II, Custodial Services & Principal or other appropriate administrator.
Target Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Salary: Hiring range starts at $12.16, Pay Grade 18, 12 months (245days)
Interested persons who meet the minimum qualifications should apply at https://jobs.sbo.nn.k12.va.us. Open Year Round.
PLEASE NOTE: If you need assistance with the ONLINE application process, please contact Human Resources directly at (757) 881-5061.
The school division reserves the right to revise, delete, or add provisions to the Job Summary,
Essential Duties, Job Specifications, Knowledge Required, Working Conditions, and any other provision of the postings
for positions, should the school division decide to re-advertise positions.
The Newport News School Division does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, creed, marital status, age or disability in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504, and ADA regulations. Stephanie Hautz, HR Supervisor, Human Resources, Newport News Public Schools, at 12507 Warwick Blvd., Newport News, VA 23606, (757-881-5061), is responsible for coordinating the division's efforts to meet its obligations under Section 504, Title IX, the ADA, and their implementing regulations.