Greta Foster, Exec.Secretary
(757)881-5061, Option 9, x.11109
Employment at NNPS: Job Postings
Responsible for light cleaning in all areas of the building to include sweeping, dusting, mopping, wiping and emptying trash.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Reports To: Supervisor II, Area Supervisor, Custodial Services / Principal
- Locks and unlocks doors; activates and deactivates alarm system.
- Sweeps, mops, dusts all classrooms, bathrooms, offices, hallways, and specialty rooms. Keeps building and premises neat and clean at all times.
- Wipes and sanitizes toilets, sinks, mirrors, countertops, windows and water fountains.
- Empties trash.
- Stocks paper products in restrooms.
- Waxes floors and operates buffing machine.
- Vacuums and cares for building carpeting.
- Washes windows and polishes furniture.
- Picks up litter and debris on outside school grounds.
- Makes minor repairs to equipment and furniture as needed.
- Replaces light bulbs as needed.
- Complies with laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash and waste.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor II, Custodial Services / Principal or other appropriate administrator.
- Shovels snow from sidewalks during inclement weather.
Target Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Salary: $8.61 per hour, Pay Grade 8H, 12 months (245days)
Interested persons who meet the minimum qualifications should apply at https://jobs.sbo.nn.k12.va.us. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
PLEASE NOTE: If you need assistance with the ONLINE application process, please contact Human Resources directly at (757) 881-5061.
The school division reserves the right to revise, delete, or add provisions to the Job Summary,
Essential Duties, Job Specifications, Knowledge Required, Working Conditions, and any other provision of the postings
for positions, should the school division decide to re-advertise positions.
The Newport News School Division does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, creed, marital status, age or disability in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504, and ADA regulations. Stephanie Hautz, HR Supervisor, Human Resources, Newport News Public Schools, at 12507 Warwick Blvd., Newport News, VA 23606, (757-881-5061), is responsible for coordinating the division's efforts to meet its obligations under Section 504, Title IX, the ADA, and their implementing regulations.